View Single Post
      05-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW leather is suppose to be matte, not shiny. the shine is really due to the build up of dirt.

Although I agree the magic eraser should be used with limited use and in a safe manner, it serves as a good method of removing dirt. Applying leatherique or some other conditioner to the steering wheel will protect it once it's clean.

I have used this magic eraser trick on a number of leather products of the past few years and with the right use, have seen great results.

To each their own, use at your own risk. I certainly would not clean your wheel with it every wheel, but once a year gently going around the wheel to remove dirt build up is OK by me.

Some detailers swear by and others think it's horrible on the detailing forums. I am person that believes it works miracle's with moderation and correct usage.

It's like rock chip repair.. if you do it horribly it could end up damaging the paint on the car ever more. But if you know the proper steps and methods including how to wet sand; the result will fix the original issue / damage with great results. Just a thought.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold

Last edited by fitchesbass; 05-30-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0