View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

So I had the car towed to VT Motorworks. They said the accumulator was fine, so I'm not sure what I was feeling when I reached down. It really felt like there was something sizable hanging loose at the end of the vanos oil line, but I guess not. Will update with pics when I have them. Apparently the right engine mount failed and the vanos oil line broke down near the bottom. The car needed 3 quarts of oil, but I suspect the majority of that leaked out after I turned off the engine.

When they turned the engine on after fixing the line the vanos was making a very loud clanking noise. It wasn't doing that when I turned the engine off. It's likely the vanos is internally damaged due to oil starvation. I just had it fully rebuilt after buying the car last year, so this is really bad news.

So motor mounts, engine mount bracket, and vanos oil line have been replaced. I also had them do RTABs w/shims since they were shot and that also requires an alignment. Including another vanos rebuild it's going to be a $4000+ bill. Oof.

Really didn't expect to be nearly $8000 into repairs/maintenece in my first year and a half of ownership, especially since I got a PPI and bought a <75k mile car with service records. Still needs more work done including rear pads/rotors, more bushings/mounts, and at some point rod bearings.

Last edited by Coi; 08-04-2022 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 1