04-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #41
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I'm currently in the process of repairing the fangs on my Z4 MR and I'm having a hard time creating a hard edge on the leading corners.

I'm using the Bondo Dent Repair Kit which includes a can of Bondo Auto Repair Filler with Red Cream hardener, Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty, a spatula, various grit sandpaper, and a can of primer.

Every time I build up the corners and the front edge, when I sand it gets rounded off. ........................
You dont explain the methods you a using, so its difficult to give you a specific reply.
  1. in the OP the proper bumper repair material is listed, this is the only thing you should use to rebuild the fangs.
    Normal Bondo is not designed for this application, they make an epoxy for this type of repair.
    You can however still use glaze & spot putty for minor imperfections at the paint prep stage..
  2. build up the repair area in several incremental steps. Don't try to fill it in one step.
  3. For best results you need to use a 'flat stick' sanding method for shaping the repair area.
    Never use paper in hand while sanding, it will only distort the repair area. Some of which will only show up when you put the primer on.
    If you dont have access to proper body work sanding blocks its pretty easy to improvise something.
    For a job like this a simple paint stir stick + sand paper can be made to work.

'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)

Last edited by inTgr8r; 04-28-2019 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0