View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #120
SCZ4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport & Z4M

Quick review:

I was pretty nervous taking the gamble of buying this "blind" and importing it into the UK, especially after my negative internal exhaust mod experience. Took 12 days from shipping to getting hold of them, most of that time was waiting for the invoice from customs.

I decided to paint the silencers black to satisfy my OCD.

First impressions are a 20 mile drive, but with the roof up, so not full aural pleasure I also got my wife to drive the car up and down the street to hear it.

- Louder at cold startup startup, nice deep note.
- Sound is absolutely perfect for me, reduced rasp from inside and increased volume and much deeper right through the range.
- Not over the top, think of it like the PSE option Porsche sell rather than after market. Very in keeping with the car.
- Gets much deeper as the car warms up
- Very addictive!
- Tailpipe design and size is perfect.
- Lots of burbling!
- Compliments the engine noise, rather than hiding it like my internal exhaust mod did. Not sure I need a Gruppe M or AFE now.

Two minor "complaints" if I'm being fussy
- Would look better if tail pipes were 1/2" shorter.
- A little drone between 1800rpm and 2000rpm under load. I suspect with the roof down it won't be there and I've read on ZPost that it fades as you put some miles on.

Overall, I couldn't be happier! The reviews and videos from you guys in the US are spot on. I would definitely recommending importing this exhaust! Especially with the current exchange rate!

Appreciate 0