Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
By "reversed" I meant the location of the sensors and not necessarily the polarity. I'm not a EE either, nor do I claim to be an expert. However, I do want to voice my concerns so some of the more experienced forum members can chime in and correct or agree with me.

I think a lot can be learned by the type of harness connected to the seat. If two or three pins are present, it's more likely that the seat senses an overall weight of the passenger and the computer DOESN'T determine the position of the occupant (analog system wired in series, resistance changes with weight, and no microcontroller sending digital signals via a single wire unless one is visible in the diagram). If many pins are present, the sensors are more than likely wired in parallel... which would require further investigation.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. If it works out you will have saved me several hundred dollars. An SA told me the computer determines the occupant's seating position based on weight distribution, so take that for what it's worth. But, as ignorant as some SA's are with our cars, it's still a concern that should be looked into. I'd say press on without looking back if a potential safety issue wasn't involved.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0