View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #50
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Autosolutions SSK

The Autosolutions SSK is considered the best SSK on the market for both the M3 and the Z4 M. This is also one of my favorite mods.

The best words you can use to describe this mod are: Positive Engagement and Precision. It makes it very obvious what gear you are selecting, and it's very satisfying how precise the shifts are now.

The before/after feeling is very dramatic, and although the difference in throw is very small (I think 12%), it's a definite improvement. This plus the Engine Mounts written up above transform the driving experience. With this mod you will no longer feel the need for a shorter or heavier shifter. Stock shifter feels just about perfect.

You do have to drop the cats and X-Pipe, as well as the drive shaft and transmission tunnel heat shield. So disassembly is not for the faint of heart. Do yourself a favor and study the this installation DIY by onebluemcm. Not only is it a great write up, it actually improved the kit! This round of the group buy included a chamfered bushing thanks to onebluemcms observations.

You can see here the 1/2" Heat Shrink Tubing that onebluemcm recommended to use in his install thread.

And here you can see how the chamfered bushing now fits perfectly. Notice I re-used the stock clips rather than the ones provided in the kit. The stock clips looked more sturdy.

Last edited by beta; 01-13-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0