View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I agree with aestheticstorm, that's what I think we all said at one time or another! 12 days and counting! Plan for the future with a large purchase like this (so you have flexibility).

Stock front is actually 8", and rear is 9". If you're sticking with the stock tire sizes for now you've got some constraints on the front max width rim (at least to stay within mfg. recommended tire sizes). I'll admit up front I'm not a fan of the stretched tire look, and if you performance drive at all, I'm really not a fan.

Front, you're looking at a max of 8.5" while sticking to the max recommended width rim for a 225/45 tire. With the 8.5" width, you can also run a 235/40 and a 245/40 no problem, and not run into issues with the rim being too narrow for the tire. A 8.5" ET38 will work, even with the 245/40 tire (well, at least with the PSS for sure), no spacer required.

Rear, you can go up to 10", with the stock sizes, while sticking to the max recommended width rim for for a 255/40 tire. You might be better off going with the 9.5" ET22 wheel. No spacer required with either, but with a 275/35 square shouldered tire on a 10" ET25 you may have to run a lot of negative camber, and/or do some fender rolling. But a PSS (round shoulder) on the 10" with stock suspension fits perfectly.

The 8.5" and 9.5" stagger looks good IMO, and it would work well now and for a lot of future combos while allowing you to use your stock rubber. Another alternative is to always save up and wait to get a wider set of wheels along with new tires.

You can see it on the Imola Red coupe here. The Imola car is running 245/40 and 275/35 tires on the 8.5" ET38 and 9.5" ET22 wheels.
Appreciate 0