10-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #46
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
true true....

The sad part is many small businesses never seem to figure out if they'd reduce the price they'd sell far more and therefore make much more money. It should be their goal to have every Z4 M driver on this and every board using their software. Only way to do that is drop the price enough to make it a no-brainer. They could cut the price in half (not that it would take that) and still they'd make more money than by waiting and waiting for the right/few customers to come along.

Another concept is savings. We like to think we're saving money. So price it at $1000 and give us a 20% discount. That should generate sales. Actually, give us a 40% discount and I'll buy it today.

All kidding aside, the group buy was/is a great idea. Perhaps a bit more of a discount would have made a difference? I paid less than this for a whole new factory race ECU for my MV Agusta (no download or reflash--it's unbolt one and bolt on the other), which was necessary when mounting the more open factory race exhaust w/cat eliminator. Bike sounds exactly like a F1 car now.