View Single Post
      07-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #103
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

So after more driving today, the vibration is not always present--it may be the A/C compressor, but it wouldn't make any sense to me if the car didn't disengage the magnetic clutch when going WOT. Even my Supra did that. But, the fact stands that the vibration doesn't always occur and I think the differing factor may be A/C (I'll test this later).

A new video is uploading, but the in-car GoPro didn't result in that much better sound. Nonetheless you can see the tachometer so it's somewhat interesting.

I'm wondering if I'm properly developing full power, as on a dry road, my tires are holding the power even in 1st gear! This could be a testament to the Super Sports, but that excuse is a lot more reasonable for dismissing lack of 2nd-gear slip than 1st-gear. The car has gotten a fair amount of driving in even since the pulley change, so while the computer is still adapting I'm not sure it is the full explanation. Beedub & Roffle: have a look at the video (I'll edit this post when it's up) and let me know if the pulls are slower than you would expect (most of them that go to 5k+ are WOT in either 1st or 2nd).
Appreciate 0