07-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
First, great color combo and the car is a beauty! Good luck with avoiding the mod bug! I'm probably not going to help with that with this post; but the mods are cheap and functional, and address the few key "weak spots" with this car....

RE: shifting, consider adding new transmission mounts and a CDV and possibly a transmission fluid swap. The mounts on this car are too soft for the engine/performance (they're marshmallows). About 55 bucks gets the job done DIY; about 150 or so for in indie shop to do it. The CDV really adds more control to the clutch engagement and is a big improvement as well. 35 bucks for that one if I recall correctly. This won't make the shifter as smooth and wonderful as the S2000, but it will improve things.

Mount/CDV/Fluid discussion

CDV from Zeckhausen

Mounts from LeatherZ (Warning, lots of other goodies too! )
Hey thanks for the suggestions! I will consider those things. Now, the car is a BLAST to drive out of the box really. I am used to the S2000 and believe it or not, CDV delete is a very popular mod on those cars as well. My Z4M is still under warranty so I won't be making changes to void that right off - at least until it is no longer under warranty anyways.
Appreciate 0