10-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Z4MR purchase...next steps

Hi all,

Looks like I may finally have the car I want. As some of you know, I have been looking for a decent sepang M roadster for a while. I had been looking for one with light sepang interior (a must have) and a tan top but after looking at my second tan top version, it was amost as rough as the first one. Then I saw a black top version online and about to head to Philly to look at it next weekend but it looks mint, low mileage, good price, etc so I have a deposit on it. I am 95% certain it will be a go. The best part...I sold my 3.0i for only a grand less than I will be getting the M for!!

Now, I want to ask about next steps and advice from those of you who have "been there, done that"...

1) First up will be exhaust. I think I have narrowed it down to RPI or Diablo. I like the low end growl of the RPI and the price seems right as well. A couple of questions on these...first, for those that have owned both or heard both in person, what is your take on the two options listed? Any other suggestions that would be a similar sound? Any good online retailers with good pricing to get either of these at? Lastly, would it make sense to add an X Pipe of some sort to the RPI setup and if so, which do you recommend?

Sorry, just realized that I posted here instead of the main forum....leaving the question on exhaust here but moving the entire thread to General.
Appreciate 0