View Single Post
      11-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
When I wash my car I have a "clean" MF towel which I use to dry most of the car surface and a "dirty" MF towel which I use to dry the rocker panels, wheels and exhaust. I also use the dirty towel to wipe down the engine bay every time I wash the car.

Depending on how hard your local water is, if you hose off the entire engine compartment you could leave water spots on any surface that you don't completely dry off which could be more unsightly than just dust which could be easily wiped off, especially with a little spray-on engine bay dressing (Griot's Garage).

My last car was an S2000 that I had for 13 years and 90,000 miles. When I sold it to buy my M the engine compartment looked like brand new.

Appreciate 0