Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Congratulations on selling, although it sounds a bit bittersweet.

I guess we can only hope you'll have the same connection with the next car. Which will be? Yes, I know it's going to be a Porsche, but which MY and model?
Thanks man. I'm honestly not sure where to go next. I freakin loved this little Z-coupe and if I'd had room to keep it, I would have. The way I'm feeling tonight - if the buyer called and offered it back to me I'd probably say yes! I really thought it would have taken longer to sell the Coupe so I wasn't mentally ready to part with it.

Still... onwards on to the next toy. I really like the 981 Boxster and Cayman, but by the time I have one configured to the spec. I want, I'm north of $70k and I don't want to take that big of a depreciation hit on a new car. It will be a weekend car only so it doesn't make a lot of sense to buy it and watch the money drain while it's garaged. That's probably the source of my sellers remorse tonight - the car I want won't be prevalent on the used market for a while.

I might look at 987 Boxster S or even a 997 911 Carrera which can be had for more reasonable money. I just want to stay away from anything earlier than an 2009 for fear of the engine detonating... (Google Porsche IMS issue)

We will see. Ah, first world problems...