View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
You need to break the habit of shuffle steering. It took a while for me to brake but really keeps turn in inputs smoother. You seem to need more throttle modulation, rather than on/off especially on RS3's in the cooler temps. They really respond to a 2# drop when grip temps are lower. Finally, it looks especially early, you broke, floated and then entered the turn. I'm a huge proponent of braking very late but hard, set the front end, and then immediately roll, even lightly, onto the throttle to transition the weight to the rear. The less time between brake and some throttle the better in our cars with the short wheel base. Overall though, it was pretty good for a first event of the season.
Thanks for the comments.

Regarding shuffle steering, should I start doing like hand-over hand on tight corners or what other method? I try not to move my hands when possible (like slaloms, lane changes...etc)

I know my throttle modulation sucks, this is my first time using an external mic so I really got to know how the throttle is....all prior videos it was muffled from wind noise.

Interesting information on the pressure drop. I ran 36# front and 34# rear and at the end of the day I had to go to 37# front to avoid massive rollover past the arrows. This is similar pressure I ran when in the middle of the summer. I'll have to think about that one.

As far as coasting, I've been worse...and have got better. I have too noticed that I do float a bit...the course had a lot of gravel, and of course STR, STX, STU cars that went in the heat prior took tight lines where I needed to open the course up and take more speed, the gravel killed me. Especially after the loop and into the wide left handed sweeper into the slalom the morning I was dealing with massive understeer into oversteer from later braking. I figured I mine as well not do that in the PM runs and try to keep the car more supposed. With heat though in the tires and brakes (as you heard my HP+ pads were still screaming) I can brake later for sure. It's something that I need to work on.

Thanks for the comments. I've seen plenty of your vids and it seems to work for you
Appreciate 0