View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #82
ZooyorQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
Thank you for your honest and insightful impression. Now I'm convinced stock compression and a 10psi supercharger is the route for me. Heck, now I don't even want the lower compression VT3-650 kit
I run a 71mm turbo and make 30psi of boost. If I was to drop down to a 6766 or so and run a divided manifold and twin scroll, I think the lag would be much less noticeable. I'm running a crap log manifold (space limitations) and a bottom mount T71 (space limitations).. so I can't do any of the fancy footwork stuff Trevor's getting done. (Divided Manifold, Twin Scroll, Equal Length, Etc)... You have that option though, if you wanted to go custom turbo setup. The GTX35R is also a smaller turbo than mine, but is more efficient, its a reworked GT35R.. so it spools like the smaller GT35R but has more topend being I believe it has a different exhaust housing and one additional blade.

Seriously though while this is a turbo car , all the stuff I mentioned above, including running on E85 is going to really negate alot of the negatives of going turbo as opposed S/C.

Can't wait for the dyno graphs!
Appreciate 0