SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstic View Post
Don't underestimate the importance of automatic vs. manual. As you get older, you may find that it was a mistake getting the manual. I know that 10 years ago a manual would have suited me fine, now I don't want to be bothered shifting through traffic, pumping the clutch time after time. I just want to enjoy the pure performance and handling of the car, and the manual transmission makes me have to work in order to do that. Many will disagree, and I respect that, but think about it before you pull the trigger.
Exactly when can I expect this to occur? I'm 62 and don't see any signs of this happening yet. I've only owned one car with an automatic, but I was 18 and needed transportation. The last two cars I've bought weren't even offered with an automatic.

Another way to look at it is the older you get, the closer you get to retirement, and then you don't have to drive in rush hour traffic.

Appreciate 0