05-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
My question though is don't most HPDE's prohibit the use of any kind of device that requires windshield mounting?
You can mount your iPhone to somewhere secure in the car, and use an extension cable to attach the UltiMate. Example:
CableJive dockXtender Premium Extension Cable for iPhone, iPod, iPad (6 foot black): http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dock.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

By the way, I'd also suggest getting an WIFI OBD2 module to collect more data. Be aware, it is better to put the iPhone in airplane mode (with WIFI enabled of course) to reduce any interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The biggest limitation is that you have to view the data on your iPhone, but that's part of the allure I guess, you can see velocity traces and lineal and lateral acceleration graphs per distance laid out on sections of the track without having to download the data first to a laptop. You can also export the data to spreadsheet if you would like to run some detailed comparison.
There is the separate iPad app, where you can use the larger screen to view the same data, in same format. Also, you can export the data in ChaseCam format to see all the graphs in ChaseCam software AND you can use that data to overlay on your (for example) GoPro video (it is a bitch to sync though).