06-24-2017, 11:59 PM   #80
crawlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloTheGod View Post
Very interesting points.

There are a few things I could use some pictures of when the time comes like some of the hose routing for peripherals in the E9X bay that I have had a hard time coming across.

What I found out is that the S65 is about the same weight as the S54 but the S65 being 4 cylinders deep vs 6 cylinders deep actually sits closer to the cabin than the S54 so if anything the split would become something like 47.5 front and 52.5 rear which is still totally fine. Putting in lighter seats and a battery alone should even that up pretty closely along with just a few other small items.

There is going to be a big update soon. You guys have not gotten one from me in a while but rest assured there is wrenching that has been done.
Just shoot me a pm if you end up needing some pics, I dont always check the threads constantly.

I would say also if you wanted a crazy acceleration on this car you could go to a 3.9x rear gear and get some serious accel but I think it would end up leading to way to much wheel spin. But with a big enough tire and the right suspension it may be super nice on the road race track but a negative on the drag strip. Not sure what your intentions are as far as track/street use etc.. I know my e93 hooks up pretty solid with only a 255 on the rear, its seems the chassis/gearing/motor are really well put together from the factory. Also my car is about 900lbs heavier and the Z is more of a raw car so less computer input to control everything so I'm wondering if any of that is going to transfer over to the Z or its just going to light the tires up in smoke. I think you'll need a 305 in the rear if I'm being honest for any type of traction and somewhat of a softer rear suspension to leave hard.

To your weight bias comment I think a heavier rear bias is better and thats what my E93 has and I like how it handles with that trait other than how heavy it is in general. The e93 is about a 48/52 front/rear bias because its a vert. Also just ask porsche they have some of the best 0-60 times and best handling cars ever I cant wait to upgrade to a GT4
Appreciate 0