View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Brain
Banned
Rep
Drives: broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
I think the carpet is already in that shape, you will have to remove the foam. I would've preferred if they cut a window in it instead of yanking it out... Not sure what else to fill that spot with. Any thoughts?

As for the plate no matter how you position it it doesn't clear the tab. I think I'm going to take it out and file it down slightly until it clears it. I don't think it will compromise functionality since RE ships one that's half of it for the e46 convertible:

Just yank the foam out, it doesn't do anything but disintegrate. According to RE it sounds like all convertibles require the modified mounts, except for the Z3 roadster

"Q. I have a convertible. Why do I need to have modified plates?
A. Because of the different method of RSM installation in a convertible, the upper plates must be modified to accommodate and protect the tower. See pictures below, for a visual explanation. Z3 models do not apply!"

Also, did you torque the top nut?

"Q. I just installed your RSMs and now I have a clunk from the back. What did I do wrong?
A. Check torque of top nut, making sure you have enough preload. Too much is also bad, as it prematurely wears out the bushings. "
Appreciate 0