04-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchmedia View Post
Hi guys,

I am really getting close to finalizing my VF570 installation but I'm really stuck on hooking up all of the vacuum/boost lines. I am hoping someone with VF experience can help set me straight. I will reach out to VF, but it's the weekend

I am installing the VF570 with a Tial 50mm BOV, See attached photo.

1. This normally ties into the stock VF BPV. With the Tial I see no application for it. Cap it off?

2. Do I run a line from this down to the engine to drain any fluid, or something else?

3. This used to plug into the stock air box, I see no application for it now?

4. I am hooking up a boost gauge in the cabin, I believe I can get a boost reading off of this T?

5. Does this connect to the nipple on the bottom of the Tial (#7), or somewhere else?

6. Not sure what this elbowed nipple is for.

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Not does this connect to #5?

8. This is a larger nipple, about double the size of #6. Not sure what application there is for this.

Thanks to all who can help provide insight.

The basic setup for the BPV is to plumb it between the intake pipe (before the blower)and the charge pipe(after the blower).
The vacuum source on the back of the intake manifold should be plumbed to the nipple on top of the BPV.
Your boost gauge will need the same vacuum source on the back of the IM

Hope this helps
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0