View Single Post
      02-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #59
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkz4mc View Post
This is what happened with my car... I got my Z4M C as a lease return from a "boutique" dealer, that got it from a local BMW dealer.

Anyway, whoever owned it before me did software to it. When they returned it at the end of their lease, they tried re-flashing the DME back to stock, which was done incorrectly. This resulted in my key not opening / unlocking my car consistently like the battery was dying, and ultimately my car not starting one morning out of the blue.

I had to flatbed it to the local dealer and they found out what the problem was and that was it. Thanks god that they were cool about re-flashing it to stock ( and warrantied it ) because I coulda been stuck with that bill...

That said, now that it's fixed, I want an ESS done....
Working on DME's is not an easy thing and should not be taken lightly. I have seen DME's trashed due to small mistakes by people not knowing what they are doing. I know a local tuner that had to buy a customer a new DME they hacked it up so bad. This is also a reason that its best to work with someone who has a very solid reputation and has done hundreds of them.
Appreciate 0