04-23-2024, 02:30 PM   #9
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefarmer View Post
What is the issue with the driving experience? Is it the lack of buttons, turning or what?
It's just lifeless and dull. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people enjoy it including family members but the driving experience puts me to sleep. It's not really the steering feel, it's just the whole symphony of driving a car with an ICE and transmission. The Tesla is just boring for me. The navigation sucks too and even though I'm used to it, I can't stand having the speedo on the ipad and not in front of me. Autopilot isn't that amazing and I had a loaner Q8 with autopilot that worked better than the Tesla did. The windshield wipers are ATROCIOUS. They work when you don't want them to, they don't work when you want them to and there's 3 settings and you'll always find yourself wanting a setting in between.

The suspension is also ridiculously stiff for a car that lifeless. It should drive like butter.

The low center of gravity makes it feel a bit more planted but it's still ridiculously heavy to feel sporty.

I'm not anti-Tesla or anti-EV fyi, it's just not a car that I enjoy driving is the best way I can put it.

Last edited by NYG; 04-23-2024 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 2