View Single Post
      04-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #1675
B. Andera
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0is Roadster

Unhappy Having problems with my 2011 BMW Z4 3.0is retractable roof

Hi Everyone!

I got my Z4 certified and pre-owned from Minnetonka BMW outside the cities in Minnesota. I got the car in August 2014. Since then, I will have had it in the shop 4 times for the retractable roof. I do not drive the car in the winter at all. No salt on my baby EVER. And yes, I am a girl. However, with that said, of the 3 months of nice weather to drive with the top down? In the shop 4 times! Uggh. First time back window stuck on the roof (hauled in to shop) second time back trunk lid would not close, 3rd time I smelled smoke and the back trunk lid was popping. But..... when I took it in they could not replicate so I tested in the shop and all seemed good. However, I informed them that I wanted to start a "case" with BMW Corp. This was on the 20th of April 2015. Now..... well I have video. 4 to be exact. I tried to attach but for some reason the attach button is not working. Neither is cut and paste..... any advice you wonderful smart BMW guys out there? Thanks in advance - Also I did notice that one of the forum members M7NDP (I think back in 2012) said he ALSO had a problem with his roof..... sorry I forgot to add - I have video of the back trunk lid "popping" being "jerky" on the way down. The third video? flashing light - stuck again.

Last edited by B. Andera; 04-29-2015 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0