View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
mckenna4978
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW z4mr-A08

hardtop installation onto z4m roadster

Well I bit the bullet and drove @12 hrs. roundtrip to pick-up a hardtop for the roadster from Chicago, Illinois to Waterford, Michigan. Thanks to Mark Garcia for the sale and hospitality while in his presence! What I purchased was the hardtop w/shattered windshield a la fedex, new oem windshield, stand, 2 covers, retro fit kit for both sides, lock down tool and trim covers. Mark bought this top last year and in transit from North Carolina to Michigan it was shattered. The top now being in my possession and of a lighter color silver was professionally painted by Abra auto body to match my car's color. Prior to paint, my son and I disassembled the headliner, spoiler, window weather stripping and fasteners making it just a shell. I now have it back from painter and will have the new oem rear glass installed by a buddy who is an auto glazer. Once the rear windshield is installed, I will reassemble the main headliner and rear headliner piece. Then it's onto the hard top prep kit install. This top has taken quite a journey. As I have found a few tutorials on the hard top prep kit installation, I have not seen any directions on actually installing the hardtop onto the vehicle and what is required in doing such. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Mckenna
Attached Images

Appreciate 0