Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
are you panning on coilovers/springs?
yes, more likely next year though

if not, the 9.0" et30 is not going to work at all in front, and the rear will be past flush ~ 0.5".
I would think with slightly negative camber, it would still work on a stock suspension? If not the et30 is not a must, they also have a 17x8.5 and 9 et40 and 42, respectively. I just wanted the concavity of the et 30

8.5" et40 in rear is perfect. up front, if you install a 5mm spacer it will rub on the liner, and without the spacer it may rub on the strut housing. i'd try it without the spacer first.
perhaps, spacer + camber is the key
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbanick View Post
I would go with the 17's simply based on cost...ESP if the series tire you need is readily available by multiple manufactures. If not I would go with what ever wheel will offer you the most tire options possible for the track.

Don't get too caught up on spacers... At NJMP I had 10mm spacers on the rear and 5mm in the front just because I didn't feel like removing them from the car when I mounted
them.

Nick - you're running 5's and 10s on a square setup? If so, are you doing it just to keep it flush on both front and rear?

Last edited by 3002 tii; 03-19-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0