View Single Post
      05-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #43
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
After your track day, do you prefer the 1st re-flash which you had a few hundred miles on it and dyno'ed or your current re-flash?

I'm talking with AA next week to see my options on switching to the updated one if you think is a better re-flash..
I did 2 track days at the Glen on the first AA flash and the car was great below 7100 rpm but felt a bit lazy over that.

The updated flash felt more eager over 7100 rpm and did not appear to have any loss below that. The only difference was in the feel - it did not feel as smooth as the first flash but was still more linear than stock.

If the car makes power over stock with the new flash, I would most definitely recommend the updated flash. If it does better than the first flash, then again I would recommend the updated flash. If it loses some power like the first flash but no worse, then I would stay stock - but that's just me. The flash is $$ and we all want some quantifiable gains besides just drivability improvements.

That being said, the drivability improvements are most definitely there on both the flashes and if you don't drive over 7000 rpm too often, then the first flash was noticeably smoother and made some more torque up to 5600 rpm. But both the flashes drive better than stock and depending upon your situation, this may be enough to make it worth your while.

Please stay tuned for dyno results as that will tell the final story. Also, keep in mind that I have headers with stock section 2 cats, stock section 3 x-pipe and Remus cans. According to AA, they had tuned the VANOS parameters for headers but went a bit aggressive over 7000 rpm and think my car had more back pressure than they expected for a header car; they dialed that back some and it most definitely changed the behavior.
Appreciate 0