View Single Post
      05-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdos View Post
If the cause of the dip were as a consequence of any restriction in the intake system, then the rebound in performance at around 7600rpm would be unlikely to occur.
Agreed. And looking at my other dyno run, it appears that the drop is at 7400'ish rpms.

I spent the weekend at Watkins Glen and the flash did not have any hiccups and I enjoyed the smoothness and the slightly better low end and mid range torque. And while my lap times dropped from the last time I was here, the top speeds on the back straight did not go up. I tried new lines and was definitely pushing the car like never before with higher slip angles and earlier on throttle out of turns and I think the smooth and linear throttle response from the AA tune played a small part in that

Here is one of my better recorded laps - Harry's Laptimer on TomTom GPS cradle and connected via WiFi to Elm CAN WLAN II for rpm signal. It was recorded at 720p on a iPhone 4S (my channel is http://www.youtube.com/mistralvr6).

Got home a couple of hours ago and reflashed the car with the updated file from AA. Will report back with changes and review.
Appreciate 0