View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
I went with KW V3 since i feel that they will offer me more grip than the Clubsports on bad country roads and thin pavement as well as keeping my car a disciplined and civilized car.

I have an M Roadster and i am tailoring my mods to make it a better and faster roadster, not in the direction of a motorsport track car.

It took me a while to understand the beauty of a Roadster, I used to feel like i am lacking a roof and rigidity until it hit me that my car's beauty is top down, summer breeze, loud throaty voices, comfortable yet very sporty (KW V3) and fast as f*ck
+1 That's also the approach for my build. I want to build the best roadster possible.

I'm still considering the swift spring conversion. Those springs are awfully nice. If you convert the front of the V3s to 400lb/inch swift springs, that will get you very close to clubsport while still having a lifetime warranty (clubsports don't have a lifetime warranty).

The only thing that I don't like about the V3s is that the rear shock reservoirs are in the way of replacing the rear brake pads. Might have to get a BBK.

As for firmness: if you feel that the Z4 is a floaty boat definitely go for clubsports. However if you feel that stock is already pretty firm, but want less body roll and a more planted feeling while going over road imperfections, go for the V3s.

Last edited by beta; 03-28-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0