View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Running rear wheels on front, 275mm wide with -3.5º camber

It rubs.

There, I said it. It absolutely rubs. But I don't care. It rubs when the steering wheels are at or near full lock. I noticed it pulling into the parking lot at the hotel we were staying at (calling it a hotel would be a stretch, IMO). When you have to make a sharp turn to get into a tight parking spot, I'm pretty sure it rubs the inside fender liner. At the track, since I was able to take a much wider line into my parking space, I never noticed the "issue" until I pulled in to the hotel.

However, driving it on the freeway and most street use, plus driving it on track, there's no sign of rubb-age. It only happens when pulling into and out of parking spaces.

So there you go. The 275mm up front on ET30 9" wide wheels...Phenomenal for the track, not quite so friendly on street. In fact, I'll switch back to my 245s on Falken Azenis RT-615K running on Alpina Dynamics Replicas for street use, and only swap back to the 275 Maxxis RC-1 on OEM rears for track use, and just let it rub 4 times a day pulling in and out of parking spaces at the hotel.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0