View Single Post
      01-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #20
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

heres what i have on my Si
Rpi intake scoop
K&N drop in filter (im assuming its the one you put a link to)
Stebro Muffler
Veizu Tune

Heres my take on all the items:
The Rpi intake probably gets most of that gain in power from removing the restrictive cup that partially covers the intake inlet, though im sure the scoop part does work
The K&N makes the intake louder and you can feel the engine breathing better, especially when paired with the Rpi scoop
the stebro muffler made a pretty big difference with my cars power and with the way the car responded. Its very loud at times, mainly when accelerating slowly from a stop. Made my intake suction sound louder as well after the install
finally the Veizu tune, the mid range difference is very large, alot beefier in the mid range so much so that you can feel the power taper around 6k.

keep the stock intake and do what i have done to it. once you do, the suction sound alone will convince you that the intake mods are working very well

on the exhaust: the stock muffler is HUGE, once taking that out there is a noticable difference in throttle response and an increase in power as well (i compare against a friends car every time i get a mod) Since you have the euro headers already the only thing to change would be to swap the cats with a high flow, i doubt increasing the pipe diameter of the exhaust will make any differnce as it has two pipes all the way through so i wouldnt bother with a full system. Our exhaust is different than the M by a great deal so i recomend going under your car and you will see what i mean.
Appreciate 0