View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
silver28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435i xdrive 6 speed

So how the harness works is pretty good - since the module needs power (+, -, ACC, bus) from the main harness, you actually plug in the main OEM harness into the new harness, which has an extra connector. Then, the new harness goes straight into the head unit with the power wires being spliced into that new harness already.

For the smaller CD changer harness, I just took mine out (don't have a changer) and plugged in the 10pin connector (white). It had only 3 wires connected to it, same as the OEM CD Changer wire.

The pic is misleading...if you do want to use your CD Changer, you will have to have that switch which I did not get.

So the kit was pretty good to include a premade harness that splits the power. Converserly and as per the pic, they could have just not included a harness and you would have to splice a +, -, acc, and bus yourself.

This is the actual harness I got - so you can see you plug in your oem one in the left one, and the right one goes into the head unit. The white plug has the CD controls in there.

Sorry, I don't have pics, I forgot to take them...and not dying to take out my vent again lol.
Appreciate 0