View Single Post
      04-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Tried out my new 265/285 setup at Roebling Road

So this was my first track day with real rubber and camber up front. I have been using a 245/275 NTO-1 setup but even with my coilovers adjusted to max stiff in back and front camber at -3.5 i wasn't happy with the cars balance. The fact that I actually want the car to get loose now shows how far I've come . Given my cars FI and I will soon be upgrading to the new 525 kit i doubt i will ever want to go full square but who knows. As expected I picked up a full second from previous best on my home track Roebling road bc of the car having much better turn in. It is very neutral and honestly I couldn't go back to my old setup , I find understeer so annoying now. It is quite a handful at times and when the back goes it goes very fast, as I found out when I hit an oil spill in my first session . I think this is a pretty optimal setup now , and no rubbing at all front or rear . disclaimer( my front fender liner has been worn through for over a year in the usual spot). My fastest rolling lap was 1:20.8 and my theoretical best possible time is now down to 1:17.2 ( My fastest segments put together in my Aim solo software). Its going to be super beastly with an extra 50 whp as I am already consistently hitting 145-148 on the front straight. Here is a vid of my first session chasing my friend who owns the track record in a S2000 at 1:19.8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdwhqQpF70
Appreciate 0