04-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #82
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Do ours use more materiel justifying price difference? I need some Super SPorts so bad right now. Guess I'm gonna have to wait and pay non-group buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Probably just due to rarity of E85/6's in comparison to E46's so we have to pay more for the production costs(if it was done during the actual production run of the E85/6 it probably would be cheaper as there would be a lot more takers IMO). As I said earlier in the thread the GB cost isn't even close to the $300 suggested by some posters.
You hit the nail on the head... Lower production numbers mean less of a chance to recoupe production costs. Same reason why ESS software for the z4m is $995 and it is only $695 for the M3. This bar also includes an extra tab to tie in the firewall braces which the m3 bar does not have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Sweet!

Did I miss it, or does the Race Brace come with the hardware (nuts) needed for install?
I just spoke with Ben to confirm this and all hardware will be included with the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I'm in, will pre-order tomorrow. The pre-order price is only good through the 30th guys, so get your orders in now.

The nuts on the shock tower? I think most of us re-use those babies--and so do the alignment shops. Does TIS note they're one time use? Either way, I'd just re-use then unless worn.

If this is the nut (or bolts, depending on build date) on the firewall brace, those are one time use after some point in the build (06/06, but it varies) and require torque to a specific value and then angle torque. That applies to the bolt variety only; those cars with nuts on the firewall brace can re-use the nuts (nyloc are better or use loctite since the older style tend to loosen and rattle).
I have had the shocks out of my car more times then I can count and I have yet to replace those nuts. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing but they have yet to give me any issues.

All in all guys this has been a long time coming and I am excited to finally be able to get one of the production bars to put on my car! Once the order is finalized on the 30th it will take about two weeks for Mason to produce the bars. Everything is hand built by one man so it can truly be said these are handcrafted.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0