View Single Post
      07-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I've seen these in action worn by a fellow instructor with an MZ4 Coupe as well. They're a GREAT alternative to HANS if you track, but do not give up the 3 point harness for a variety of reasons, such as primarily a street car, no roll-cages/bars, airbag still in the car, or if you're instructing and hops into student's car without 4+ point harnesses. I believe, according to the fellow instructor, that they're compatible with a 4+ point harness too so you can use them if and when you upgrade to a full race seat/cage/w harness setup.

Only thing is, compared to HANS device it's rather bulky, because you strap what can best be described as a vest to your chest, and you have to tighten the straps which goes around your ribcage so it's not an easy operation to put on and take off.

But I suppose, the difference between a snapped neck is probably well worth the 5 extra minute you have to spend to strap on the vest.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0