United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Total cost on parts $13000.63
Total labor to repair 105hrs@$50.00 =$4940
tax =971.66

Grand total of Geico's estimate......drum roll............

$19262.29
They can't tell squat about suspension components until the obviously broken ones are replaced. If they're saying otherwise they're lying. Sure, they may look just fine but pieces that look fine can be toast. That estimate (and I speak from experience) could easily be under by 10K or more.

A bunch components looked "fine" on mine. When they actually got in there they found way more. And then later tried to align it they found even more (parts that seemed fine and were off) as they couldn't bring the car to spec. Then it was more components that had to be replaced, and then more.

My shop was very upfront about this, and said the first estimate was an "initial estimate" and told me and the adjuster straight out the facts about suspension work: the cost would only go up, and maybe a lot, from there. If the shop and adjuster are not saying that, I'd be real careful about the shop doing the work and about the adjuster. It's highly suspect if that isn't being discussed/disclosed.

On yours, have they measured the unibody and and "frame" itself? Mine was measured using laser equipment, by my dealer (I have great dealer which is rare) and it was "off" by all of 1mm (up to 3mm is allowed per spec). If this doesn't measure well, what's their plan to "fix" it? (And what does that cost?)

PM me if you need more info.
Appreciate 0