View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
Questions. Can you not fit wider wheels up front, as 275 is seemingly not ideal for 9" wide wheels? Would you be better off fitting 255 or 245s on front since the 275s will be pinched? Or does it still benefit?
Ideally, 9.5" wide rims are what's recommended for the 275mm wide tires. However, I don't live in an ideal world.

I test fitted a set of rear wheels on the front and discovered that with moderate negative camber I can run the same wheel and offset all around. So I picked up another set of rears from a forum member here and that was that. It was the most affordable solution in which I know for SURE that it would fit without needing to shell out big bucks for a new set of rims and then have to run spacers and then have to run ridiculous camber to make it work.

Plus, when I test fitted the rear 9" wide rims up front, there's maybe only about 3mm worth of clearance from the rims to the struts. Running a 9.5" wide rim would mean I would have to have the right offset AND it may still rub the outside fender

This "compromise" allowed me to rotate the tires front and back to extend their life, and ensure a proper fit without having to experiment more or spend more than I want to.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0