View Single Post
      05-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #32
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Thanks for the comments and sympathy guys and gals (at least most of you!). I was able to reduce it back into the right position, but it's still not being held in place right. Based on the DIY on this forum, the only way to take the screws out would be to push the rods into the bumper which means you have to remove the whole bumper.

I spoke to the insurance company, and they said that if I make a report to the police within 24h of the accident, then I can claim insurance....with a $500 deductible. I doubt this will cost that much to fix. I thought about whether it would be possible to replace it with a brand new aero bumper and thus pay a $500 deductible to get a brand new bumper....but I'm not sure if this is possible. She claimed that my premiums should not go up if my claim was done in conjunction with the police report. Just some info in case people are interested.

Well, I'm taking it into the collision place tomorrow morning. It doesn't look like it would be that hard to fix.

The sad part, Caddyshk, is that I was parked in front of a banquet hall for a research day for resident physicians and staff doctors. So chances are, it was a physician who did it. All internal medicine and subspecialty people....no coordination or integrity, I tell you. If it were surgeons, this never would've happened!

Just venting. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0