View Single Post
      01-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
xyvyx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Unhappy

ok, car was fun for a while..

but now I can't pass the state emissions (OBD-based) test.
I read up on the standard drive-cycle and tried to follow it as closely as possible (ie: driving on backroads @ 2am, trying to maintain a constant ~15mph for 3 minutes or whatever, 60mph for 15 minutes, etc..). No change. Might need to make a few more attempts.

The exhaust at idle smells pretty toxic to me, and with all the burbling/pops when I left off the throttle, my initial assumption is that it's running rich. It's been this way since the kit was installed in early October.

I've been logging data with TorquePro before/after and comparing AFRs at idle, they're definitely lower now... avg is 14.1 - 14.4 with the VF kit, was 14.4 - 14.7 beforehand. Lots of noise/garbage in the logs, but I've been filtering/graphing them to compare.

Now the post-cat O2 sensors appear "stuck" at 0.4v, so I think they've been fouled as a result of the exhaust mix. *shrug*

Any thoughts / similar experience?

Anybody else w/ a VF kit installed have problems w/ the OBD "emissions readiness" tests?

Appreciate 0