View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
xyvyx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
Just curious. What were the issues with the headers and exhaust?
The engine was running rich, power was down (kinda made my first dyno run pointless)... and according to Torque, the CEL was caused by P114B and P0041 fault codes. The exhaust was a bit too loud, although all the sputtering when I'd let off the gas was kinda neat

Original sound/vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLu-BTAXOSI

All the individual components were good, but the 1st shop wired the post-cat o2 sensors in backwards, left the wires laying across the cats/pipes & dangling low enough to be caught by road debris. There are some holes in the OEM heat shield for routing those cables too.

They also attempted to use some unknown gasket/sealant between the headers & the engine block... which was leaking. The 2nd shop (Ultimate Bimmer Service here in Addison, TX... great guys!) cleaned up the wiring, re-attached the headers and it's running much better now. Luckily, I was able to get some $$ back from the first shop to compensate for their half-assed work!

Appreciate 0