View Single Post
      08-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
xyvyx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

VF480 Install

Hey all..

figured I should start a build thread for my VF480 kit. I've had it sitting in boxes for almost 8 months... I wanted to get my exhaust taken care of first & have a clean, CEL-free start. The first shop that attempted to bolt on my SS headers, mufflers & euro cats failed pretty badly. Second shop cleaned that up, got my valve timing adjusted and it's purring smoothly now.

I'll be taking my Z4MC down to the shop in the next day or so to begin the install, but I did a "baseline" dyno run today. It was pretty warm this morning & this is a Mustang dyno (that I was told tends to read very low), so take it for whatever it's worth. Most others I've looked at were from a Dynojet with some form of smoothing, so ya'll think this run is unusual with the dip around 6350 RPM?

I wander around a bit too much at the start, but here's the video for 3rd pull... it hit 292hp, slightly more than from the scanned report above:

Hope I have better luck than mfanatic325 And I'm in Dallas (@ 430' elevation), so hopefully none of RatedM's altitude issues.
/me crosses his fingers!

Appreciate 0