08-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
By the time I was finished posting a relply with my phone, someone had something smart to say:
Who me Gotta have a little fun.

On the serious side I truely commend you for taking the hard driving to the track. There are way too many idiots that don't and do stupid stuff in heavy traffic. You don't need to be a millionaire and a dedicated car to race but playtime does come with a price. The most fun I ever had racing was with a bunch of friends from high school and a $75 1973 Monte Carlo. We spent more money on beer than we did the car and had a blast beating the snot out of it for an entire season.

Everything changes when you are racing. Your fluid changes, lube and other maintenance intervals and repairs.

On race day, you need to give everything a good looking over between races to try to catch a potential problem and after you get it home I suggest you get the car in the air the next day and get a good look at everything, especially suspension, wheel and tire related and don't overlook the mounting points on the chassis for sway bars, shocks, a-frames etc... Make sure to check the wheels for cracks, check the lugs and check tires for any cuts, buldges and separation.

Do your post race inspection the day after you get home so you have time to get parts and repairs done right and are ready for the next weekend, don't wait to do it the day before a race and try to rush repairs.

And most importantly, have fun and be safe.
Appreciate 0