10-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
What battery group is it? My car has a group 47/H5. I tried purchasing a group 48/H6 as others said they were a direct replacement, but the the battery was too long for my factory brackets. I don't recall the details, but it wasn't a simple matter of sliding an adjustment to allow the larger battery to fit (I would rather not have returned it).

The group 47/H5 is 9 9/16 long, the 48/H6 is 11 inches long. The height (7.5) and width (6 7/8) are the same.

If I look up the replacement using Canadian Tire's parts locator, it returns the H5 size. If I use the US sites for O'Reilly or Auto Value they return both Grp 48/H6 and Grp 47/H5 as possible replacements. If I use the US Walmart battery lookup, it returns H5 only. I tried multiple years and M/non-M variants where possible.

It appears people should double check their existing battery dimensions before making a purchase ...
I'll need to check. I do know the new one is longer and the tray was designed to manage both.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0