View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #19
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

The BEST mod I have done!

So this will not be considered a great mod by most, but it has been the best thing I have done for the M.

A little background:
About ten years ago, I was having really bad luck every time someone else would work on my car. I was paying big bucks for labor, parts were not installed properly, and the cars would come back to me with new bumps and bruises here and there . I had enough and decided to invest some hard earned money into good tools. One of my close friends was a Snap-On dealer, so I was able to take advantage of great prices. I have been doing my own work ever since and have not looked back.

Fast forward 10 years:
Still using the same great tools, but it was a pain to get to them because I had always kept them in various plastics tubs, and tool bags. If you were to look in my garage you would see this mess of bags and tubs stacked high against my garage wall. Inevitably no matter how I arranged this mess, I would need to get to the tools @ the bottom of the pile.

The more I worked on the M, the more frustrating this became. I finally cracked and bought a toolbox. Found a great deal locally on craigslist. The box was in like new condition at a fraction of the cost. Now I can’t believe I had not done this sooner. Everything is easily accessible. Working on the M is even more enjoyable now that I do not go through the frustration of searching for tools. I find myself tinkering in the garage now more often. For example, I decided to put the car up in the air and adjust the muffler gap because it was of by 1/16th of an inch.

My tools used to be stacked high where the bikes are hanging in the first picture.

So there it is. The best thing I have done to this point is a toolbox. Now I am armed and ready to attack the coupe at any moment.
Attached Images

Last edited by crfine88; 07-08-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0