View Single Post
      05-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #124
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Okay tekmoe... On a track a 600 and liter are going to be close to the same, unless it is a really tight track. I know more people that track R1 than I do that track R6.

On the streets you never use the extra power of the liter, but you do turn a lot so a 600 is hands down better for the street riding.

And the part about not getting an R1 for a starting bike has almost NOTHING to do with responsibility. If you are stupid and irresponsible it does not matter what you are riding, as you mentioned. It has to do with being able to handle a bike. If you start on something that large your learning curve will be many years longer than if you start on something smaller and learn the basics without all of the power first.

All in all, if you want GOOD advise and not amateur advise go to a biking forum like motorcycleforum.com Lot of good advise there.
LOL a 600 is a good street bike. Yeah, sure, if you don't mind revving it to redline everytime to make it go. No bottom end which is where most of your street riding is going to be at anyway. Oh, you want to pass that car? Better downshift a couple of gears to get into the upper revs where it actually makes power.

You apparently have waaaaay more knowledge than I do when it comes to motorcycles. My opinions obviously mean jack. But at least my bike looks better.
Appreciate 0