04-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadna71 View Post
Good info in that link. I don't have the M though so am still searching for something a little more specific such as oil viscosity and quantity. Anyone?
I posted this question and got a decent response. Check it out.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...php?p=5990437#

Based on this...I purchased 5w30 Synthetic oil (Castrol), same as sold at the stealer....just a whole lot cheaper IMHO. The spec for this is below...I choose the 5w30 as I do not drive this car in the winter. Do not however buy a blended synthetic....pay the extra $1 per litre and get FULL Synthetic oil.

SAE 0W–30:
Castrol SYNTEC 0W-30 European Formula is engineered to meet the Mercedes Benz 229.5 specification*. The 0W-30 viscosity grade is ideal for winter conditions where low temperature pumpability is required. A unique, low-temperature formulation provides exceptional pumpability in cold weather and allows for unaided engine starts down to -40ºF. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer’s warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00; MB 229.1, 229.3, 229.5; BMW LL-01; GM-LLA-025, GM-LL-B-025 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

SAE 5W–30:
Castrol SYNTEC is the most recommended grade in today’s new cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer’s warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, A5, B1, B5, BMW LL-01, GM 6094M; Ford WSS M2C929-A and all requirements of ILSAC GF-4 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0