05-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #81
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteckba View Post
I tried watching a modern Indy race and push to pass has become the focal point of the race. It was terrible imo. "Billy has more push to pass than Bobby, but Tommy has more push to pass than Billy...(ten seconds go by)...Now Bobby has more push to pass than Billy and Tommy...(ten more seconds)...Darrel tricked Billy, Bobby, and Tommy into using more push to pass wowzer..." Barely even exaggerating.
I can see your point ... I felt the same when they first implemented it, but after a while you see its merits; especially those who are able to save much of their PTP. Definitely a lot more interesting final laps than F1 has been giving us these past few years. In most cases, I can't say that the DRS really leads to more dramatic wheel to wheel racing ... more like more dramatic chasing.

However I will stay ... unlike F1 cars, Indy Cars aren't that much faster, and have the same aero ... so for Indy Car it's the alternative to F1's DRS> Again to me, the best thing would be to loosen the time constraints of the DRS and stop so much of this chasing and turn the DRS into something it was designed to do ... pass.
Appreciate 0