View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #1242
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
seriously considering upgrading to that new style bracket, Ess has priced it all out for me and its not that bad BUT.... seems kinda waste of money at 500 pulley size spec which doesn't really get belt slip anyway, On the other hand, i really like the idea of the added belt wrap and should give more consistent boost figures, but... i have to be honest, never really noticed an issue with the current setup, I'm guessing its more needed when the pulley size goes down to the 575 spec.

i suppose while I'm in their i could upgrade the water pump pulley ( what does this do again from the one i have?) i i had one of the original beta 500 kits as you did i believe, But again, this has never been an issue and I've never seen the car overheat, ever or even get overly warm. Im guessing the new pulley slightly overdrives from stock maybe?

Basically not sure ill see any benefit from spending my hard earned on the above hardware upgrades from what i have now.

Not sure what to do tbh, would love your 2 cents on all the above, feel free to give brutal honestly, i need it, so .... go for it ?? or stop messing for the sake of it and enjoy??

Byron.
The "upgraded" water pump pulley is only needed if you're increasing the crankshaft pulley size. This way the water pump isn't overdriven.

You don't need a new supercharger bracket, unless you're planning to go to a smaller than spec 525 pulley.