View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
ATE SuperBlue stains EVERYTHING. Including your brake fluid reservoir. I don't like that. Personal preference.
Thats true (well, a bit), including that blue fluid is more difficult to see if there's gunk in it or not. But on the other hand you have the visual confimation that the system is bled. I think that's pretty neat.

I don't think you need a GT1 interface to rotate the abs pump assembly; you can also do that with a converted KKL interface; they also work with INPA/DIS/PROGMAN etc.
Rotating the ABS pump is the PROPER procedure to bleed the complete system. Otherwise there is always some old fluid left in the pump regardless of how much fluid you're pumping through the system
You also can't test the firmness of that fluid because it will only enter the system once the abs is activated afaik.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0