View Single Post
      11-06-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Z4M Stromung VS Supersprint Powerloop

I've recent changed the exhaust system from Stromung to SS Powerloop. After searching for quite a while online, I couldn't really seem to find a good direct comparison exhaust video between the Stromung and the Supersprint Powerloop system. So since I have the opportunity, I did a video for both on the same road, same camera position with some rev and acceleration to share with the forum. These systems are for the folks who wants more sporty and civil exhausts.

In terms of refineness and volume of loudness.

Remus < Supersprint Powerloop < Stromung

Remus: Barely any more volume from stock and if you listen for it, it's about 15% louder than stock. I have ridden and hear it in person a couple of times but I have not owned and lived with it tho. Those experiences were the other reason I didn't purchase a set besides its looks. Very conservative.

Supersprint Powerloop: You know you have an exhaust system. It's about 50% more volume than stock but it has a more refined sound. It's smoother throughout the rpm range but lower pitch at idle and higher pitch at the upper rpm. Barely lighter than stock, 20.8 lbs per side. Zero drone at any rpm. 80mm quad tips.

Stromung: 55% more than stock. It's there. You feel it and hear it. Lower tone through out the rpm than the SS Powerloop but higher pitch at idle. If I'm splitting hair, this sound a bit unrefined, more crackles and tiny higher pitch than the Powerloop at idle and around town. The weight savings, however, it's not something to be sneezed at. Standing at 13.8 lbs per side. 10% drone when at the wrong rpm. 73mm tips.

There're, however, others suspects in this range of more civil exhausts. I can only speculate based on research for two other.

KKS titanium: ~$3,000 w/o valves.
Arguay Exhaust: $2,250
Eisenmann Sport: $2191

Onto the VIDEOs

1. Z4M Stromung.. Here

2. Supersprint Powerloop.. Here

I think I'm keeping the Powerloop for it's sound quality and looks for now....

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 11-06-2016 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
XMetal1148.00
David701567.00