View Single Post
      09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #57
knsaber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster Imola Red

So, long story short... as I literally was at the front entrance of a lawyer's office I get a phone call from a friend at BMW who was willing to take my car in to take a look at what he can do, I decided not to go through a lawyer anymore. I honestly didn't believe I could do much to win anyways. This was around February.

My friend's first step was to replace my aftermarket bearings I had just installed with OEM ones so that he could try to claim warranty through BMW, but then told me they were able to read the "black box" from the car that registered telemetry that indicated racing? Whatever, I'm not going to argue. So no luck with warranty, so I went ahead and had him do whatever work needed to be done to get the noise fixed.

Unfortunately we never pin pointed the actual cause of the knock, and I have brand new rod bearings and oil pump. I wasted money on getting aftermarket bearings only to replace it immediately back to OEM.

I was able to finally get my car back the day before Labor Day weekend and had the pleasure of putting over 900+ miles down at Skyline Drive and it drives like new. I am happy I spent less than what I expected the damage to be, and my friend gave me massive discount so I am just looking towards the future of enjoying the car once again.
Attached Images